V & H in the News
From top athletes to top companies, South African native Leon Versfeld guides clients through immigration law with a global touch. After working as an advocate of the High Court of South Africa for almost two...
President Barack Obama’s executive order on dealing with the issue of illegal immigration sparked heated debate on Friday. Of the 11 million people living in the United States illegally, Obama would allow 5 million to...
Born and raised in the country transformed by the anti-Apartheid icon, Kansas City resident Leon Versfeld finds sadness but celebration in the passing of icon Nelson Mandela. “How fortunate are we to live during the...
The annual race for H-1B visas is under way, but if you’re only starting your application now, it’s probably already too late. U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services opened a weeklong window Monday for companies to...
Businesses and developers looking for creative financing may want to consider a federal program that allows foreign investors to essentially buy their way into the country. View Full Article
As COO and general counsel for Sporting Kansas City, Greg Cotton deals more with green cards than the red and yellow cards that usually pop up in a soccer game. But mostly, he concentrates on achieving...
* Versfeld & Hugo, managing member * University of Pretoria, South Africa * Immigration law Leon Versfeld applies a global perspective to help his clients navigate a complex sea of immigration law. A native of...
A love for rugby, the practice of law and the woman he eventually married kept Leon Versfeld in the United States. The South African expatriate landed in Kansas City in 2000 on a simple visit...
- Re-Registration Period Now Open for Haitians with Temporary Protected Status
- Re-Registration Period Now Open for Salvadorans with Temporary Protected Status
- USCIS partners with Justice Department and Secures First Denaturalization As a Result of Operation Janus
- USCIS Clarifies Proxy Vote Use for Certain Intracompany Transferee Visa Petitions
- USCIS Reaches H-2B Cap for First Half of FY 2018
- Re-Registration Period Now Open for Hondurans with Temporary Protected Status
- Re-Registration Period Now Open for Nicaraguans with Temporary Protected Status
- USCIS to Begin Accepting Applications under the International Entrepreneur Rule
- As CNMI Transitional Worker Program Draws Down, USCIS Announces Cap for Final Three Fiscal Years
- USCIS Issues Clarifying Guidance on NAFTA TN Status Eligibility for Economists
- Celebrating Veterans Day 2017 with Naturalization Ceremonies
- USCIS Updates Policy to Ensure Petitioners Meet Burden of Proof for Nonimmigrant Worker Extension Petitions
- Premium Processing Now Available for All Petitioners Seeking H-1B Visas
- New USCIS Form Streamlines Process to Obtain a Work Authorization Document and Social Security Number Simultaneously
- USCIS announces award recipients of nearly $10 million in funding to support citizenship preparation programs
- Deadline to Submit DACA Renewal Requests Approaching On Oct. 5
- USCIS No Longer Accepting Petitions for One-Time Increase to the Temporary Nonagricultural Visa Program
- Temporary Protected Status for Sudan to Terminate in November 2018
- Temporary Protected Status for South Sudan Extended for 18 Months
- USCIS Resumes Premium Processing for Some Categories of Applicants Seeking H-1B Visas