V & H in the News
From top athletes to top companies, South African native Leon Versfeld guides clients through immigration law with a global touch. After working as an advocate of the High Court of South Africa for almost two...
President Barack Obama’s executive order on dealing with the issue of illegal immigration sparked heated debate on Friday. Of the 11 million people living in the United States illegally, Obama would allow 5 million to...
Born and raised in the country transformed by the anti-Apartheid icon, Kansas City resident Leon Versfeld finds sadness but celebration in the passing of icon Nelson Mandela. “How fortunate are we to live during the...
The annual race for H-1B visas is under way, but if you’re only starting your application now, it’s probably already too late. U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services opened a weeklong window Monday for companies to...
Businesses and developers looking for creative financing may want to consider a federal program that allows foreign investors to essentially buy their way into the country. View Full Article
As COO and general counsel for Sporting Kansas City, Greg Cotton deals more with green cards than the red and yellow cards that usually pop up in a soccer game. But mostly, he concentrates on achieving...
* Versfeld & Hugo, managing member * University of Pretoria, South Africa * Immigration law Leon Versfeld applies a global perspective to help his clients navigate a complex sea of immigration law. A native of...
A love for rugby, the practice of law and the woman he eventually married kept Leon Versfeld in the United States. The South African expatriate landed in Kansas City in 2000 on a simple visit...
- USCIS Efforts Lead to Sentencing of Former Stamford Resident for Operating Extensive Immigration Fraud Scheme
- USCIS Efforts in Albany Lead to Marriage Fraud Conviction
- Re-Registration Period Opens for Syrians with Temporary Protected Status
- USCIS Completes Random Selection Process for H-2B Visa Cap for Second Half of FY 2018
- USCIS Efforts Lead to Sentencing in Florida Marriage Fraud Ring
- USCIS Strengthens Protections to Combat H-1B Abuses
- USCIS Director L. Francis Cissna on New Agency Mission Statement
- USCIS Strengthens Protections to Combat H-1B Abuses Clarifies Policy on Requirements for Third-Party Worksite H-1B Petitions
- USCIS Finalizes Guidance on Signature Requirements
- Department of Justice Files Complaint to Denaturalize Diversity Visa Recipient Who Obtained Naturalized Citizenship After Failing to Disclose Two Prior Orders of Removal
- USCIS Expands Credit Card Payment Option for Fees
- Three Individuals Indicted for Visa Fraud Scheme for Profit
- USCIS to Take Action to Address Asylum Backlog
- Peryòd Re-Enskripsyon Louvri Kounye pou Ayisyen ak Estati Pwoteksyon Tanporè
- La période de réinscription est maintenant ouverte pour les Haïtiens bénéficiant du statut de protection temporaire
- Re-Registration Period Now Open for Haitians with Temporary Protected Status
- Re-Registration Period Now Open for Salvadorans with Temporary Protected Status
- USCIS partners with Justice Department and Secures First Denaturalization As a Result of Operation Janus
- USCIS Clarifies Proxy Vote Use for Certain Intracompany Transferee Visa Petitions
- USCIS Reaches H-2B Cap for First Half of FY 2018